Tuesday, August 14, 2007

+ REDUX +

Now that I know more about the new C:CSM, it looks like my army is going to get even smaller and even more elite. Pretty much everything went up in points, with minimal benefit in game. But here's the list I'll be going with at least for a bit ...

HQ

Lord - MoK, chainfist, combi-bolter, terminator armor

Elites

Dreadnought - Plasma cannon, heavy flamer, extra armor

Troops

10 CSM - MoCU, autocannon, plasma gun, AC w/ power weapon
10 CSM - MoCU, lascannon, flamer, AC w/ powerfist, combi-flamer
6 1k Sons - Sorcerer w/ force weapon, bolt of change, warptime
6 Noise Marines - Blastmaster, 2 sonic blasters

Heavy Support

6 Havoks - MoCU, 3 missile launchers
1 Obliterator
Defiler

Total
1500 points
40 infantry & 2 walkers

I lose - 12 demonettes, 3 thralls, 1 speed lord
I gain - 2 marines, defiler, 1 termi lord

Overall the army gets a little slower, a little smaller, and a lot weaker in assault. I think in general though it gets a little shootier, at least against MEQ targets in 3+ armor, and the defiler's cannon should be fun for the few turns it gets to fire before retaliatory firepower takes it out.

I still want to use the land raider, but that'll be for 2000 point games. I'm also picking up a sweet sorcerer model, but again that'll wait for bigger games.

Building: N/A
Painting: 3 Eshin ironguts, 1 termi lord, 1 defiler

No comments: