Tuesday, August 21, 2007

+ APOC IT UP +

While I've got the new 1500 list set down and built up, I'm looking ahead to getting 2000 points done for APOC in October. No way I can make 3000, but 2000 is a nice round number for teaming up with fellow chaos players and bringing the HURT to pansy corpse worshippers.

HQ
Lord - MoK, chainfist, terminator armor, ikon
Sorcerer - MoT, force weapon, warptime, doombolt, jump pack, ikon

Elites
Dreadnought - plasma cannon, heavy flamer, extra armor

Troops
10 CSM - MoCU, autocannon, plasma gun, AC w/ power weapon
10 CSM - MoCU, lascannon, flamer, AC w/ powerfist, combi-flamer
6 1k Sons - Sorcerer w/ bolt of change, ikon
6 Noise Marines - blastmaster, sonic blaster, ikon

Heavy Support
6 Havoks - MoCU, 3 missile launchers
Land Raider - demonic possession
Defiler

Extra
12 Demon(ette)s

Total
1998 points

The sorcerer is pretty pricey (190!), but @ 18" he pumps out 3 S4 AP3 doombolts (reroll hits and wounds with warptime) and in combat he's got 5 S4 force weapon attaks (reroll hits and wounds with warptime). The pack gets him where he needs to be, and I'm looking to take down carnifex and other big bads with this guy. Even with 6 to wound, warptime should make that happen.

And yep, the girls are back. I guess I can run them in 2x6 squads like usual, but 12 looks pretty awesome in my head. 36 attaks are hard to argue with, and the massive squad should extend considerably out of the 6" summon range, with the way deep strike works. Even though I want the raider to hang back and add ranged support, I could suit up the lord in it and tank forward, and summon the girls off him from inside the raider. Bizarre, but also a possibility.

Painting: Eshin bases
Building: Land raider (now with Alpha Legion doors!)

No comments: